Tuesday, December 20

RECIPE OF THE MONTH!

In an effort to post more, I've decided to share a favorite recipe of ours on a monthly basis. I hope that this will also help me sort through the bazillion cookbooks/magazines that I have. If anyone is interested in back issues of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking, speak up now. I'll be hauling them to the laundromat {where I dispose of all magazines (can you just picture the Amish mom flipping through Canoe & Kayak while she's waiting for her sheets to dry? haha : ) }

So here goes:

Oatmeal Spice Mix
this will make a bulk dry mix to add to your quick oats. makes a yummy breakfast, and costs tons less than the little packets! my kids love it!!

1/2 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. powdered nondairy creamer
1/3 C. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

Additional Ingredients (for each serving):
2/3 C. quick oats
2/3 C. boiling water

In a bowl, combine the 1st 7 ingredients; mix well; transfer to an airtight container; store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.

To prepare oatmeal:
In a bowl, combine oats & 2 Tbsp. of spice mix. Add 2/3 C. boiling water, stir. Enjoy!

Very quick, economical, and oh, so yummy!

No comments: