Friday, May 19

What Drives Me Wild #165



Here is something that drives. me. Absolutely. wild!

My hubby is connected at the ear with his cell phone. (This isn't actually what gets me riled). Normally he is not the kind of guy who would be a cell user, but our business demands it. So when it starts ringing and he's just sat down for a meal, I hold my tongue. When we've just sat down for the evening to unwind and it starts "brrrrrrringing" like it does, I wait it out. But what gets me agitated, what sets my blood pressure racing..... the callers know no time boundaries. The poor man has to sleep you know!

This morning at 6:42 a.m. his phone started "brrrrrringing". This was no wrong number. This was someone who's familiar with hubby's normal schedule. No, this was no emergency. This was something that no doubt could have waited.

I'm glad those phones can be switched "off". I'm glad hubby leaves it at home when he drives school bus. But most of all, I'm glad that I can resist the temptation to answer his phone at 6:42 a.m.! I'd probably use my grumpy voice.

And with that...
This now concludes my Friday morning rant.
Blog on.... and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Phones are my pet peeve. I'm always amazed at how few people observe basic telephone courtesy, i.e. you don't call early in the morning, late at night, during dinner hours. Or here's a good one . . . when the phone rings and you pick it up and the person on the other end shouts, "Who is this?" Every last ounce of my self-control comes into use at times like that.

Looking forward to June! :-D