Thursday, September 7

Time Away

This past weekend I received such a blessing! I headed up north for a ladies retreat. Just me, a book, the camera, and a duffel bag of essentials. Uncle Roger gave me a brochure about the retreat and my first thought was, "oh, maybe someday." But then God told me, "no, go now." So I took off Friday afternoon as soon as Mudge went down for her nap, knowing that my MIL would come watch the kids while Steve drove his bus route.

I drove 4-1/2 hours to get here:




More specifically, here:





(Please notice the name of the lake, and the unlimited exploring via kayak!)


I arrived JUST as everyone was sitting down for the evening meal. I was greeted at the door by a gal that treated me like we'd always known each other. Everyone was like this, it was almost like a reunion. I can't really describe how it felt to be with these ladies. Now, I know what deja vu is like, but this was different. Feeling so close to these ladies, but knowing that I would be leaving them soon to head home was very hard. I can hardly stand the fact that it will probably be a year before I see them again, as I plan on attending this same retreat in 2007.

We did the normal retreat "stuff", like games and crafts, and of course eating. We laughed 'til our sides hurt sitting around the campfire on Friday night, who says Christian women don't know how to have a good time? We filled up on homemade salsa that someone was kind enough to make before they came, and we just enjoyed each other's company.

The camp surroundings were just beautiful. Northern Minnesota is so remote, and so harsh, yet so breathtakingly pretty. We had the brightest, fullest moon, yet the northern sky seemed ablaze with aurora borealis. God was certainly showing off His handiwork that night.

I could go on & on about the blessings I received during my short stay at Miracle Bible Camp, and I'm sure I will post more about things that will transpire from my visit there. I have no doubt that the addresses & email addresses that came home with me will be the conduit for these new friendships to continue, and that is so exciting to me. Friendships are gifts that God has tailor made. New friendships are like Christmas morning to me.

One thing keeps coming to me, something that the guest speaker shared....

She said, "when you hear God's voice say 'go do thus & such', don't say to yourself 'boy, I really need to pray about this', and certainly don't postpone acting on what he's told you to do! You've just been given instruction. Don't question, don't worry, don't delay. He'll equip you for what you've been told to do. He'll bless you."

I know that I would have missed out on a lifetime abundance of blessing had I not gone to this retreat. I'm so thankful that I listened to Him, and was able to go. Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.