Friday, April 6

Weekend Plans

Normally we have so much on our calendar that I don't bother to post about the coming weekend until it's passed. I usually pick out the highlights and then blog. Not this weekend!

First off, today is significant to every soul, whether you admit it or not. Today marks the day that my Lord & Savior went to the cross, suffered upon it, and died a horrible, shameful death. A death that I deserve, that you deserve. He did it in obedience to the Father, as a sacrifice to atone for the sins of man. Everyone, even the ones that would never choose Him, He suffered & died for us.

Do not take this lightly and consider it just another death, important only to those close to Jesus. This is not just another day set aside for us "holy rollers" to celebrate. It is for all humanity, especially significant to you, right now. Before it's too late, won't you take but a moment to think of the love that it took to carry the cross that He would hang from? Think for a moment the complete & utter hopelessness of an eternity without a Savior. He is waiting, eagerly & patiently, for you to come out of the darkness.

He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light. Why are you waiting?


Now, I have to admit, when I sat down to write this post I never even thought to mention the significance of the day. The previous paragraphs, my friends, are the work of the Holy Spirit. Seriously. I only meant to blog about my upcoming weekend, and now, in light of what I've already typed, I'm gong to hold off and post more later.

No comments: