Tuesday, May 15

I don't want to talk about it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Well, not at any great length anyway.

I have not lost any weight. My clothes are not any looser. But I am taking comfort in that it's only been one week, and I can retain water like no one's business.

I have seen the scale read 5 lbs difference from one day to the next. This, ladies, is why I would encourage you to throw those devices OUT! and simply go with how your pants are fitting, and how you're feeling energy-wise.

I'm hoping that all of the miles I put on at work, the planting of the garden, and the endless stream of laundry hauling to the clothes line will eventually pay off. That, and really good salads for lunch, no snacks after 7, and copious amounts of drinking water. I'm counting on a change in pant size, despite that @#$% scale.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I almost cried when I stepped on the scale this morning. Despite a 3-lb. loss over the past two weeks, I was right back where I started.

It's a baaaad time of month.

Erin M said...

my scale and I have a love hate relationship. I'm also big on retaining water. Once your body gets on board with what you are up too, you'll start dropping the pounds, especially if it is excess water weight.

Marti said...

Your opening line just made me laugh!

Everyone has really been down on scales, but I also heard that, statistically, people who weigh themselves daily lose weight more quickly than those who weigh less. I could explain the theory, but it would be too long for a comment--maybe I'll post about it.

But scales can be awful sometimes--especially if you don't have a very good one and it gives you 3 different readings in one minute. :)

Mom said...

I am scale obsessive. I have to keep mine hidden. I use the one at my doctors office because I know it's accurate. One of the things that has helped me the most is when I heard of stevia at the whole foods store and started using it for sweetening my foods instead of sugar.