Tuesday, May 22

It's Just a Number!

That's what I keep telling myself.

Under normal circumstances I would not be on that scale 1-2 times a week, and seriously? If not for this May Day Challenge, I would continue to avoid it.

On Monday night, before I stepped on the scale, I considered all of the physical activity of the past weekend. The garden, the horse fencing, the laundry hanging, etc. Then I considered what I'd eaten for the past 3-4 days. I felt confidant the scale would report a lower number than last week.

Sure enough!! I was 3 lbs lighter! Alright! Knowing that I will continue to have a huge physical workload for weeks to come, and that I'm scrutinizing every bite, the next 10 lbs shouldn't be that hard. (famous last words)

Fast forward to Tuesday morning.... I walked into the bathroom and spied the scale. Surely it would read the same number. I stepped on, waited, and about sent the scale sailing when it reported 5 lbs heavier than 12 hours before! I know I retain water, but sheesh!

So, I am happy to report that the kids will be receiving a scale for their bathroom upstairs, and I am investing in something that touts accuracy. A weekly mind game is not what I signed up for with this May Day Challenge.

2 comments:

Marti said...

Now that's quite a weight fluctuation! I'd go with the first weight. ;)

Jodi said...

Definitely go with the first reading.

I didn't bother trying to weigh in today b/c I don't have access to a scale, and truthfully, I don't want to know.

We need to hit the water when I get home. See you soon!