Tuesday, October 14

Enough To Make Me Blog

Yes, I have a bazillion things I truly want to blog about, but right now there are too many irons in the fire. Eventually I'll pull some of them out & blog. I promise, there will be updates, and new things revealed (suspense...)

However, something happened in our little town, involving the hubby of a good friend, and I feel like venting. So here goes...

Her hubby, like mine, drives bus for our small school district. Now, our district itself might be small, but our buses travel far & wide, during all kinds of weather, with various degrees of misbehaving children. Your stomach would turn if I shared with you some of the stuff those kids have pulled on the bus.

Yesterday morning, while trying to pull the bus off the road, her hubby tipped his bus over in the soft soil. Praise God no one was seriously hurt! It is my understanding, based on things written by the news media, that her hubby has been, or will be cited for inattentive driving, and this is where I vent!

Why is it not being reported that he was trying to deal with a disciplinary issue?!?! Inattentive driving!? He was being attentive to a multitude of things. Things each bus driver is forced to deal with, which in my book, is a load of hooey.

I'd like to see the parents, whose children were causing a ruckus on that bus yesterday, held accountable as well! I would also like the local news media report all of the details, instead of making it look like her hubby was off daydreaming!! We have good drivers in our district. We have lousy behaving kids in our district. Lets get all the facts out, shall we?

The next time you see a bus driver, give them a "thumbs up" and send up a prayer for them. You can't imagine the malarky they put up with daily, all while trying to keep the kids & others on the road safe!

This now concludes today's rant.

4 comments:

De said...

Amen!!! As I was reading on this accident someone had made a comment that "someone needs to do something about these kinds of accidents." Made me so mad. I can't really even imagine how hard it is to drive bus on the country roads we have, let alone with a bunch of misbehaving kids. Grr!

Rach said...

I heard about it on WWIB. He and his family will be in our prayers.

Marti said...

Thanks, friend. We're hoping all the details will come out eventually instead of the sketchy details the news is publishing now.

And he has not yet received the citation. We're hoping they're rethinking it.

Anonymous said...

In many cities, children on a school bus who are disruptive, and distracting the driver are not allowed to continue to ride on the bus. It's about time Chetek and surrounding areas cite parents accordingly, which would require the parents of these unruly children, to drive their kids to school and pick them up. Bet that would get their attention (parents maybe...unruly kids...it goes back to the parents)!!!

JAH