Tuesday, September 8

Reliving My Past

When I was a kid we spent so much time on Pueblo Reservoir, south of Colorado Springs, that it could have passed as our second home.

I have logged countless hours fishing off the rear sundeck of a boat.

So, why shouldn't they?



I owned my first fishing rod when I was 2. I'm not sure when I started baiting my own hook, or taking my own fish off. I'm confident there's a special place in heaven for the grandparents who patiently took me fishing, even if that meant that I was going to cast out and reel in 10 million times in one afternoon.

Fishing is one of my most treasured childhood memories.

So, I'm going to do everything I can to make it their's.




Our family vacation time, as a kid, almost always involved a boat. I have a very strong love & respect for lakes & rivers now.

I can only hope that my children will learn to love time on the water, just as I do.









Watching a boat motor throw a rooster tail is as familiar to me as my own reflection.

Thank you God, for helping me pass these memories down to my kids.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Thicket Dweller said...

What a blessing. I have fabulous memories of learning to fish, too. I had a gym teacher who intervened in my life, took me fishing, talked to me about my problems. You're so fortunate to have a body of water and a boat! Those kids have one fabulous mama. :-)

Anonymous said...

Aaaah - what memories...kids, water, boats, skiing, tubing, shoreline fishin, rock climbing, cooler filled full with Mom's appetizers, beached in our own private bay swimming and listening to Culture Club blaring on the cassette player (gotcha Tam)!!

The pictures truly reflect how much pleasure & peace comes from just enjoying the wonders of nature. Loved it then and love the fact that you as a family love it too!!!

Mom